Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Poetry #1


1) The commercial is saying the poem, "The Laughing Heart" by Charles Bukowski.
2) The commercial is ironic  because it's talking about liberty, freedom, and individuality, so you would expect that the commercial would be for a bigger purpose, but no it's for pants. Not only that but some people may argue that pants are restraining so it might even go against the message of the commercial.
3) I feel that the poem doesn't reflect the reputation for the author because the author was known to be offensive and was claimed to mock the machismo attitude, so it hard to believe that he wrote something like this, yet not so much because he did talk about individuality and he really seemed to enjoy to express his own, so it's hard for me to answer, even though I just did.
4)Well I listen to the commercial wrote the first line, " your life is your life" and then put , poem, right after that line, on Google search and it took me to Charles Bukowski. For the third question, I just typed in,  Charles Bukowski Bibliography, and just clicked on the first link that popped out. http://www.poetryfoundation.org/bio/charles-bukowski

No comments:

Post a Comment